Mission, Goals, and Philosophy
The mission of Bloomfield Hills Institute of Theological Studies is to equip the laity for effective service both within and without the church through instruction in the study of theology and through education in the practice of ministry.
Our Spiritual Goal: To assist God’s people to grow spiritually through an intense study of God’s word and the cultivation of spiritual gifts.
Our Intellectual Goal: To teach God's people critical thinking skills necessary for study and reflection.
Our Theological Goal: To help God's people develop a “theological mind” and to prepare them to defend the faith “once for all delivered to the saints” (Jude 3).
Our Practical Goal: To enable God's people to minister boldly and effectively to Christians and non-Christians alike.
Our Philosophy of Education
We are committed to:
- The church as God’s tool for disciple-making.
- The authority and relevance of Holy Scripture.
- The necessity of theology & apologetics training.
- Practical ministry instruction.
- The pragmatic necessity of modular education.
- Training and equipping the laity for service.
- The mandate to love God with mind, heart and body.